Service is one of the richest ways to enable recovery.
- Volunteering to be a secretary, treasurer, literature person, or Intergroup representative.
- Coming to meetings on time.
- Putting away chairs when necessary.
- Picking up after the meeting.
- Being quiet when a member is sharing.
- Giving of ourselves to help ACA continue to function.
EVERYTHING you see at meetings is a direct result of someone volunteering in service. In service, we give back what has been freely given to us.
Based on our Seventh Tradition ACA is a self-supporting organization*. We members rely on ourselves and each other to keep it going by contributing Financial Help and/or Voluntary Service. There are many ways to give back to ACA to help strengthen and grow this international community which helps sustain and heal us.
ACA Intergroup of Southern Nevada facilitates many specific opportunities for you to make a difference:
Or consider the following:
- For ACA meetings we attend in person — in the donation basket
- For ACA telephone meetings via this WSO website — we make electronic donations. http://www.adultchildren.org/contribute/
- For the Southern Nevada Intergroup specifically — please contact us to arrange donations.
Your Home Group
- Find a Home Group and support it.
- Lead your meeting — From time to time, you may step up to lead your meeting. Depending on your meeting’s format, you may offer an ACA topic which resonates for you, share how it has helped you in your recovery, then invite others to share about that topic regarding their recovery.
- Be an officer for your meeting — Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, or Literature Coordinator
- Learn about Intergroup here.
- Be your meeting’s Intergroup representative (or alternate)
- Be an officer of the Intergroup — Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, WSO Representative
- Activities — organize Intergroup potluck dinners, parties, hikes, and more! See our List of Committees.
Spread the Word
- When appropriate, share what ACA means to you with friends and family.
- Post this link to the ACA Intergroup of Southern Nevada website on your site or blog:
- Share our Website Flyer at appropriate events:
Website Flyer version 1
* The few paid positions within ACA are at the national and international levels, within the ACA World Services Organization.