Please join us for our quarterly workshop at St. Rose Dominican hospital in the SouthWest of town. We are welcoming Barbara and Jill back to lead us in creating tools we can use to work our program and navigate our lives as adult children! Please register at ACASoNvWorkshops@gmail.com just so we can get a count for chairs and food.
Hello, we hope you can join us this Sunday March 17, 2019 at St. Rose Dominican Hospital for our March Workshop. Details and address are on the image below. All the donations for this event will be going toward the Southern Nevada Intergroup AND the ACA Women’s Retreat!
We ask that you please make sure to register at ACASoNvWorkshops@gmail.com so that we can get an approximate headcount for lunch. We look forward to seeing you there.
“A JOURNEY TO THE TRUE SELF – THE INNER CHILD”
Join us for an ACA Workshop Day
Sunday, November 11, 2018
St. Rose Dominican Hospital, San Martin Campus
8280 W. Warm Springs Road, Las Vegas.
Basement Conference rooms.
- 9:30 am Check in / Registration, $5 donation suggested but not required.
- 10:00-11:30 am Bonding with your Inner Kids. (facilitated by Barbara)
- 11:30 am-12:15 pm Lite lunch served (please bring a lunch if you have specific diet needs)
- 12:15– 1:45 pm Honoring our Inner Child’s Feelings (facilitated by Nanc)
- 1:45 pm – 3:00 pm ACA Meeting (Open Meeting)
- 3:00 pm Closing Prayer
Please Register at ACASoNvWorkshops@gmail.com to ensure we have sufficient chairs and food for all. Limited to first 65 to respond.
ACA World Service Organization Website: www.adultchildren.org
We would like to give a warm welcome to Michael H. as our new Intergroup Chair-Person, and Tom B. as our Intergroup Co-Chair. As a group and a community, we would also like to send out our sincere gratitude to Kendall G for her service and significant contributions to ACA of Southern Nevada as our previous chair.
- We hold an intergroup meeting on the first Sunday of the month. If you are interested in becoming an intergroup rep, please attend! We invite all current intergroup reps and chairpersons to attend our meetings.
- We have several service commitments available. Contact us at ACA of Southern Nevada Intergroup Email for meeting times/location or to find out more information about becoming an Intergroup Rep., Intergroup Secretary, Workshop Committee – P/R Literature Person, and more. Alternate volunteers also needed for all service positions. Please contact us today for more information.
Our stories of recovery are the glue that binds us together. We need to hear each other’s experiences so that we know that we belong, and that we are not alone. At this weekend’s “Becoming Your Own Loving Parent” workshop, you will hear from Esau, a recovering ACA from California. Esau is one of the experienced and talented workshop facilitators you will be meeting this Sunday. Here is his story:
“I found the rooms of ACA over four and a half years ago. Walking away from a series of failed relationships lead me to a place where I finally had to ask the question why? Why were my relationships failing? Not only my romantic ones, but my social, professional, familial, and the most important, the relationship with myself. In finding the rooms, finding a sponsor (whom is still my sponsor to this day), finding a fellowship, and finding the 12 steps I began to realize the answers to my questions that started with the question “why?”. In working the 12 steps, within the safety of the rooms, so much was revealed to me about my history and its effect on me in my formative years, and how it has manifested in my adult life. Following the wisdom of the program I picked up the phone, worked the steps, and involved myself in being of service. Within 6 months I started my own meeting in my local area. I joined ACA committees responsible for helping to carry the message to those that suffer in different ways. After a couple of years of much needed healing and spiritual growth I began to sponsor. My journey eventually carried me into a chapter within the BRB that would transform my recovery in a different way. Ch. 8 “Becoming Your Own Loving Parent”. I fell in love with the chapter and its potential. My experiences with the chapter inspired me to carry its specific message in my own words. I developed a workshop that I have since been delivering throughout the fellowship in Southern California and have just recently had the honor of delivering at the ACA World Convention in Toronto, Canada. The gifts of this powerful chapter continue to present themselves for me and many others who share in its fruits. I reside in Southern California, attend my wonderful home group every week and speak to my sponsor weekly as has been my pleasure for the last few years. I am a gratefully recovering ACA who has truly embraced the way of the program as it promised I would “from hurting, to healing, to helping”. “ ~Esau
ACA Awareness Day
Brought to you by your Southern Nevada Intergroup
“BECOMING YOUR OWN LOVING PARENT”
Date: Sunday, July 15, 2018
Location: St. Rose Dominican Hospital, San Martin Campus 8280 W. Warm Springs Road, Las Vegas. Aljian Conference rooms – basement.
• 9:30 am Check in / Registration
• 10:00 – 11:30 am A workshop on Learning how to Love Yourself. The Solution: Becoming Your Own Loving Parent by Esau
• 11:30 – 12:30 pm Lunch: beverages and lite sandwiches supplied. Those with special diet needs are encouraged to bring their lunch.
• 12:30 – 2:00 pm Go deeper individually and as a community into an experiential process that will give you the opportunity to discover and develop a closer relationship with a loving inner parent. By Barbara
• 2:00 – 3:15 pm ACA Meeting (Open Meeting)
• 3:15 pm Closing Prayer
A donation of $5 is suggested to support costs. No one will be turned away if you wish not to donate. Ours is a community of inclusivity.
PLEASE REGISTER by July 10 by emailing ACASoNvWorkshops@Gmail.com so that we can ensure we have sufficient chairs, supplies and snacks for all.
NEW: ACA So Nv Intergroup Website: http://www. BattleBornACA.com
Join us on our private ACA So Nv Facebook group:
ACA World Service Organization Website: www.adultchildren.org
We are hosting a “Thank You for Your Service” gathering in recognition of anyone who has put their time and energy into helping ACA locally for the past 3 decades.
OR ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN A SERVICE POSITION (to mix and mingle and learn how easy it is to help out!)
This means if you have ever been OR PLAN TO BE a:
* Meeting Chairperson or Co-Chair
* Meeting Secretary
* Meeting Treasurer
* Meeting Literature Person
* InterGroup Representative
or any other position of service to ACA, InterGroup would like to say thank you with a Evening Desert Reception. And yes, you may bring a guest, as long as you are comfortable with them being present at our brief sharing.
Friday Night, June 15th, 2018
7PM to 9PM with a brief ACA sharing at 8PM
Location is WholeWay Home – Downtown Huntridge Theater adjacent. Address and Directions will be given to final RSVP list.
RSVP ON OUR PRIVATE MEETUP:
You prefer to remain more private, please RSVP to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chef Mason G. has volunteered to make up some nice drinks and snacks for us, so JUST BRING YOURSELF!
(I.E. Be pampered and treated!!! Expect the best and get it!!!)
As long as it is not windy, there will be a fire outside where you are welcomed to do any ceremonial burnings!